OAU FRESHERS; LIST OF ELECTIVES YOU CAN CHOOSE-




Electives are courses apart from core courses that you are expected to offer. They are meant to broaden your knowledge in other fields. Each elective carries 2units but they do not add to your CGPA. You are expected to have completed 12 units of electives before you graduate. And you don't have to retake or 'carry' electives if you do not pass. The pass mark is 40 for all electives. SER 001(use of english) is a compulsory elective which you have to pass. Below is a brief description of each elective.
There are limited spaces for each elective so bro, you'd better hurry.
By the way, you cannot chose electives from your own faculty. Moreover, there are specific electives that you are not allowed to chose
Consult with your dept for info on such electives.

SEA 001&002: Hosted by the faculty of admin it's about administration(I don't really know much but it's many people's favorite (at least before the results started having problems) because all you have to do is pay for and attend the field trip. But my friend, once you don't pay for field trip forget it, you've wasted your time.

SEO 001, 003, 002 & 004: Faculty of social sciences. It's about human behaviour. Sorry, that's all I know for now.

SEG 001&002: Faculty of agric. It's also a field trip elective. Last session there were result problems but otherwise it's also many people's favorite. Same principle as in SEA 001.

SEL 001 & 002: Faculty of law. Man, if you're the type that likes stress, this is for you. Introduction to law is an elective for which you have to attend classes because there are usually a lot of assignments. But nevertheless, you'll enjoy the classes. I did the 002, didn't attend a single class, and I'm not expecting more than 45 despite studying hard for the exam.

SEM 001: It's an elective of Land Management. And I also know it's one of those electives for which you simply read the material during exam time, score your 60 or so. Don't be deceived, it's not so simple

SEP 001 & 002: Ghen Ghen, faculty of pharmacy. This elective is not one I would advise you to go for if you don't have a science background. But truth is that's what electives are for, to familiarise you with different fields. So as long as you can study hard and attend classes, you're g2g.

SET 001 & 002: fairly new elective. In fact I'm not sure if there's set 001, I only know about 002. Same rules as sep. From the faculty of tech.

SES 001 & 002 (I'M NOT SURE IF THERE'S 001) same as SET... From the faculty of science. Please my friend, attend classes and take it like a core course  (ESP if you don't have a science background)

SEH 001 & 002: College of health sciences. Man and his health. My favorite elective. Maybe because I didn't attend a single class yet I scored 86 in the 001, for the 002, I didn't read a single line of the note, they save me 60, I love them. No field trips, just classes and read the material and you'll have your best score ever.

SED 001: Faculty of Dentistry. These guys like trouble. 2 hour classes for an elective, but otherwise, they're cool. Not much of science, I mean not things you can't cram and remember anyway.

SEE 001 & 002: faculty of education. I don't know much since I'm not permitted to chose this elective. Not that I would love to if I'm allowed anyway. These guys are one of the most troublesome electives ever. Trust me, you don't want to miss a single assignment or you're running a risk of scoring below 40

SER 002: Young man, just one word for you, don't go near it! This elective is from the faculty of arts, its the history of Africa or so. It's 4 units and it sticks with you for life. Once you chose it, you're going nowhere until you pass. It's the only elective you can carry. And I've seen a lot of '39' cases, and I know someone who is carrying it for the second time.

By Mr Lee (SmartBrains)